Today 13 grassroots organizations, environmental groups, and individuals came together and submitted an extensive set of comments to the Delaware River Basin Commission on the PennEast Pipeline application.
The main set of comments is available here (29MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qe0cbw4Y-9jMMaW1IbL-Z1f7I-semNV5/view?usp=sharing
The referenced Appendix A is available here (40MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KILvDfi9x_nvv3v_PiCKMDJLFHEfEPVP/view?usp=sharing
The comments document the numerous errors, evasions, misrepresentations, and outright deceptions contained within the application, and urges the Commission to reject the application with prejudice.
Put simply, PennEast’s application is appalling. Our comments go on for 30 pages about the never ending problems with the application, and is only scratching the surface.
Overall, there are 6 patterns of problems that were found:
1. The application has many errors. It is sloppily prepared and does not appear to have been reviewed properly for accuracy.
2. PennEast is clearly guilty of using a variety of techniques to collectively lower its apparent impacts within the DRB artificially
3. PennEast explicitly misleads about impacts in several places, and does not acknowledge the scenic aspect of the landscape in the northern portion of its project.
4. PennEast has a history of trying to evade regulatory oversight by numerous agencies, including the DRBC.
5. PennEast has failed to document any tangible benefit to the public from its project.
6. PennEast has mixed seemingly random materials from out of time to present a patchwork of an application to the Commission.
I sincerely hope the Commission takes these comments seriously and takes the right action here – reject a clearly flawed and intentionally misleading application.
One thought on “Extensive commentary on the PennEast DRBC May 2020 Application”
OMG! This document is simply amazing. Know I am grateful for all the work all of you do. In my darkest and most cynical days, all I have to do is think of you all and I begin to have a glimmer of hope……